National Park Scenic Line
Rockside Station -
Come out and see the new Rockside station, feel the ride of the new welded rail, pass through the Fitzwater train yard and see the new Dome Car (the Silver Bronco). Keep track at www.cvsr.com.
The northernmost terminus on the Railroad. Excursions depart from the Rockside Station and continue throughout the day, following the seasonal train schedule. Bike Aboard! participants can also board and de-board the train at Rockside and then bike back on the Ohio & Erie Canal Towpath Trail.
Canal Visitor Center -
Canal Explorer destination & Bike Aboard!
Brecksville - Bike Aboard! & Special Event loading station
Start your round-trip here for a 2.5 hour Round-Trip on the National Park Scenic route.
Boston Mills - Bike Aboard! & Special Event loading station
Peninsula - Peninsula Explorer destination
Bike Aboard! & Special Event & Summer Education programs loading station
- Monthly “Grape scape” Wine-Tasting Excursions as well as the popular “Ales on Rails” Beer-Tasting - both evening excursions
- Home to Thomas The Tank Engine when he comes to visit!
; Bike Rentals; Visitor Centers, Visitor Services
- Explorer Excursion - Make this your destination for shopping, dining, historic places, architectural tours, a visit to Spicy Lamb Farm & more!
- Canalway Samplers based in Peninsula can add to the fun
- Summer Education Programs - Canal Camp & Cuyahoga Critters - depart here. Designed by CVSR and CVNP especially for summer school and day camp programs. Reservations required - Learn more here: http://www.cvsr.com/educationprograms.aspx
Indigo Lake - Hale Farm & Village stop; Bike Aboard! Station; Two picnic areas
Botzum - Bike Aboard! Station
- Hale Farm & Village Visitors Tip: Take the early train - 9:50 Indigo Lake arrival - to catch the shuttle to Hale Farm; All other times, you’re welcome to head over, but you’ll have to walk 3/4 mile by trail to the attraction.
; Special Event & Education Trips loading station
Plenty of parking make this an ideal location for large group meet-ups in the Canalway
Akron Northside -
- Education Trains - Three different offerings - written and presented by the National Park - visit website page - link to the page - teacher-initiated programs including home schoolers http://www.cvsr.com/educationprograms.aspx
Southernmost terminus for the National Park Scenic excursion; Bike Aboard! Station
; Special Event loading Station
; Transfer point - Canton-Akron Flyer line
- Akron Explorer destination - when you decide to make a day of it in Akron, Metro RTA’s Downtown Loop Bus - takes you to your choice of destinations - Akron Zoo, Akron Art Museum, Event at Lock 3, or lunch at Spaghetti Warehouse (check www.cvsr.com for discounts)
Travels through the urban countryside during the summer months - On it, you'll see the artifacts of our history along the way, including the industrial Goodyear Air Dock - where blimps are built. Please note - the Canton-Akron Flyer will only run on Fridays & Saturdays through the end of August 2012.
Akron Northside - Northernmost terminus for the Canton-Akron Flyer; Transfer point - National Park Scenic excursion.
Canton Lincoln Highway - Southernmost terminus for the Canton-Akron Flyer and CVSR.
- Canton Explorer Destination - make a day of it in Canton - take the Flyer to Canton for a 2.5 hour layover. Jump on the Downtown SARTA Loop Bus & you’ll have time to check out one of the great attractions - choose from William McKinley Presidential Library & Museum, Pro Football Hall of Fame, Canton Museum of Art, Canton Classic Car Museum or National First Ladies’ Library Center.